The rainy season is here again. We are all effected by it and whether or not we like it, we may be seeing rain in our forecast for the next month or so. So, what can we do to protect our home during this season? Below are a few things that will help you and your home stay dry!
- Check to ensure all exterior walls do not have cracks that could allow rain water to seep into the walls causing dampness.
- Clean and clear all rain gutters of debris that may affect the flow of water during rains.
- Visually inspect roof for any cracks or areas that water might seep in. If you have any concern about the condition of your roof, call a professional roofer to come out and do a visual inspection for you. Some roofing companies will do this free of charge!
- Sometimes, wooden doors will swell during heavy rains due to the moisture in the air. If this happens, remove the door, tighten all hinges and re-fix the door after sanding and refinishing where the door sticks.
- Put a fresh coat of paint on grills, railing or iron doors to ensure that they don’t rust during rains.
- Have a pest control company come out and give regular pest inspections as bugs tend to seek shelter from rains in places that you may not want them!
- Keep indoor plants outside as they can increase the dampness inside your home during the rainy season. A plus to this – you don’t have to water them as often!
Rainy weather can be a drag, but it ensures that our plants and landscapes look gorgeous in the summer months to come! Take these precautions to ensure that your home is ready to go for the next rain!